Chart functions are enabled in the Chart Builder once required field components have been added to the chart. There are currently four chart functions: Accumulation, Average, Forecast, and Trend.
To access the available functions for a report field in the Horizontal Axis or Vertical Axis panel, hover over the field until the icon displays. Click on the icon to display a menu, select Add Function to display a list of the functions that can be applied to the field, and click on a function to select it. Once a function has been selected, its parameters can be manually configured using a Series menu.
The Accumulation function displays an accumulative percentage of the total line on the chart, using a secondary axis.
The Average function displays a line calculated as the sum of all values, divided by the number of values in a dataset.
The Forecast function uses an algorithm to develop a forecast using any of the following options:
- Periods Forward – specifies the number of periods into the future this function should forecast. The granularity of these periods is controlled by the overall granularity of the chart.
- Prediction Intervals – indicates a range where the actual value is likely to fall.
- Interval Range (if prediction intervals used) – specifies a certainty range of values to be displayed with 80%, 90%, 95%, or 99% certainty.
- Hide Non-Forecast Results – specifies if the forecast should be displayed either for the whole dataset range OR only after the end of the dataset range.
The Trend function uses an algorithm to develop a forecast using any of the following options:
- Confidence Intervals – indicates a range where unknown or missing values are likely to fall.
- Interval Range (if confidence intervals used) – specifies a certainty range of values to be displayed with 80%, 90%, 95%, or 99% certainty.