The Sort option is used to toggle information in a data column in an analysis in ascending or descending order. You can sort text alphabetically, numbers in increasing or decreasing value, and dates in order of occurrence.
1. Click Reports in the Navigation Toolbar, and select the BI Toolbox link in the menu.
3. In the Analysis screen, click , located to the right of the Table header.
4. When the screen refreshes, click the Sort tab.
You can also sort the data in a column by clicking on its column header and selecting Sort A-Z or Sort Z-A in the drop-down menu.
5. When the Order rows by cell value section displays:
- Select the field you want to sort in the Data Column list.
- Select Ascending or Descending in the Order Direction list.
- Click .
- Remove sorting by clicking the button.
- Replace the column being sorted by making a different selection in the Data Column list and clicking the group's button.
- (Optional) Change the sort order by making a different selection in the Order Direction list.
6. (Optional) Use the Table header's toggle icon to hide/display the sort section.
You do not need to save the file to retain the changes you make by sorting data.