A user with the Advanced Reporting Admin permission can create an advanced report, which incorporates multiple data sets to provide a comprehensive report. In addition to the primary data fields for a company and contract, a sub-report can be included to show additional data fields, such as those relevant to the documents associated with a contract.
Several formatting options are available in Advanced Reporting, including different font sizes and styles, headers and footers, page numbering, and grouping data to maximize readability. An advanced report can be associated with a search query so that the data in the report is filtered by the criteria established in the query.
The Advanced Report created below contains a list of all contracts, grouped by company name. A sub-group is added to identify the documents stored in each Contract Profile and a text field is inserted to identify the subgroup. A Landscape orientation is chosen as the page setting since several fields will be included in the report.
1. Click Reports in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Reports link in the menu.
2. In the Report Browse screen, click Advanced Report in the toolbar.
3. In the Create Advance Report wizard:
- Click in the Entity field, and set up the Company→Contract hierarchy.
- Click the icon to the left of the Company folder.
- Scroll down past the alphabetical listing of fields in the Company Profile, and click the Contract folder.
- Enter a name for the report in the Report Name field.
- (Optional) Enter a summary of the information contained in the report in the Description field.
- (Optional) Edit the settings for the report in the Page Layout section:
- Select a different option in the Page Size and Orientation lists.
- Select the Custom radio button to enable the Width and Height fields, and enter the custom size (in pixels) for the pages of the report.
- Click Next.
When editing the report, the information in the Create Advance Report step cannot be edited. Therefore, ensure the correct information is provided when setting the report hierarchy, entering the name and description, and selecting the page settings.
4. When the screen refreshes, select the Primary (company) and Secondary (contract) fields to include in the report:
- In the Tables section, click Primary to display the available fields in the Fields section.
- In the Fields section, scroll through the list and click a field to add it to Column Header and Detail sections of report layout.
- (Optional) Click the Column heading to change the sort order of the fields.
- (Optional) Remove a field by right-clicking on it to display a button.
- Repeat the above steps for the Secondary table to select the fields for the second data set.
- Ensure the fields in both sections display in the same order since the fields in the Column Header section represent the column headings in the report, and the fields in the Detail section represent the report data.
- (Optional) Click a field in the Column Header or Detail section to display the field's properties in the Properties table, located in the top right of the screen. Use the Value field in the table to format the text for the report heading or report data, or change the field's size and location in the report.
You can also resize and move fields using icons. Move a field by hovering over its label until the icon displays. Click the icon, and then drag-and-drop the field to the desired location. Resize the length of a field by hovering over its right or left border until the icon displays. Click the icon, and then drag-and-drop the border to the desired length. Resize the height of a field by hovering over its right or left border until the icon displays. Click the icon, and then drag-and-drop the border to the desired height.
5. Group the report data by company name:
- In the Tables section, click Primary to display the company fields in the Fields section.
- In the Fields section, locate the Company Name field, and right-click on it to display the button.
- Click the button to add a Group By Company Name Header section to the report layout containing the Company Name field.
- In the Detail section of the screen, right-click on the Company Name field to display the button.
- Click the button to remove the field from the report data so that the field is not repeated for every line item.
6. Create a sub-report showing contract documents:
- In the Tables section, right-click on the Secondary table to display the button, and click the button.
- In the Sub Report Table prompt:
- Click in the list to display a hierarchy of features linked to Contracts, as well as any contract additional fields.
- Scroll down and click the Document folder.
- Click OK.
- When the pink rectangular field displays in the Details section of the report layout:
- Double-click on it to activate it and display the SR: Document heading for the sub-report.
- Hover over the heading until the appears, click the icon, and then drag and drop the sub-report to the location in the Detail section where you want this information displayed.
- Hover over the borders of the heading and use the and icons to resize the sub-report.
- To resize a section in the report canvas, hover over the bottom of the section until the icon displays. Click the icon and drag it upwards or downwards to resize the section.
- In the Tables section, click SR: Document to display the available fields in the Fields section.
- In the Fields section, scroll through the list and click on a field to add it to the pink section of the sub-report.
7. Add a text field to provide a sub-title for the sub-report:
- Click Add Text Field in the toolbar to display a blank field in the Detail section of the screen.
- Hover over the field until the icon displays. Click the icon, and then drag-and-drop the field above the SR: Document sub-report header.
- Click the field to select it and display its properties in the Properties section.
- Scroll down to Field Value in the Name column, click in its Value field, and enter the name for the sub-title.
- (Optional) Use the other properties to format the display of text for the sub-title.
- (Optional) Hover over the borders of the text field and use the and icons to resize the field.
8. Format the title of the report:
- Click the field in the Title section of the report canvas.
- Resize the field by hovering over its borders and using the and icons.
- Using the fields in the Properties section, click in a Value field to change the default selection.
- Click in the Foreground field to display a color palette, and select a color for the report title text.
9. Click Save.
10. (Optional) Add formatting to the report fields.
11. (Optional) Associate the report with a search query to filter the data that displays in the report.
12. (Optional) Generate the report.