You need the Advanced Reporting permission to format the fields in an Advanced Report. Formatting includes controlling the location of a field in a section of the report, as well as the color, size, and style of the text used in any section of the report. Advanced formatting includes adding a text field, including a page header and/or footer, inserting a horizontal line divider to separate data, and numbering the pages of the report.
There are also options for managing report data, which include sorting data alphabetically so that information can easily be located and grouping data so that the same information is not repeated. Report data can also be filtered by associating it with a search query so that only relevant information is included in the report.
1. Click Reports in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Reports link in the menu.
An advanced report is displayed under a Report Group: Advanced Report header. Expand/collapse a report group using the and icons.
3. In the report layout screen:
- Hover over a field in any section until the icon displays.
- Click the icon to display the field's properties in the Properties section of the screen.
4. In the Properties section, apply formatting by clicking in the Value field and entering/editing the value or text for any of the following items:
- Left - moves the field from its current position, calculated from the left-most position in the section.
- Increase the value to move the field to the right, and decrease the value to move it to the left.
- As an alternative to changing its Left value, drag-and-drop the field:
- Hover over the field until the icon displays.
- Click the icon, and then drag-and-drop the field to a new location.
The Left option is used to ensure a column heading lines up with its corresponding data in the report. For example, if the Agreement Type field in the Column Header section had a value of 97, then the Agreement Type field in the Detail section should also be assigned a value of 97.
- Top - moves the field from its current position, calculated from the top-most position in the section.
- Increase the value to move the field down, and decrease the value to move it up.
The Top option can be used to control the spacing between a column heading and its corresponding data. For example, if the Contract Number field in the Column Header section had a value of 0, then the Contract Number field in the Detail section could be assigned a value of 5 to add spacing between the column heading and each data record.
- Cell Width - controls the width of the field in the section.
- Use the arrows to make incremental changes.
- Cell Height - controls the height of the field in the section.
- As an alternative to changing the cell width and height values, hover over the left/right border or the top/bottom border of a field until the or icon displays. Click the icon and drag the border of the field to the desired length/height.
- Foreground - controls the color of the text for the field.
- Background - controls the background color for a field.
Click the Value field for both the Foreground and Background options to display a color palette, and then click a color to select it.
- Align Text - controls how text is aligned within the field (left, right, or center).
- Font - displays text in the field in Serif or Sans Serif font.
- Font Size - controls the size of the text in the field.
- Use the arrows to change the font size.
- Bold - displays text in the field as bold when set to true.
- Italic - displays text in the field in italics when set to true.
- Underline - underlines the text in the field when set to true.
- Strike Through - displays text in the field with the
strikethroughoption when set to true.
- Field Value - controls the label for a field in the Title, Column Header, Group By, Column Footer, or Summary section.
- Expression - system-controlled field that displays the variable used for the field in the Detail, Page Header, and Page Footer sections.
- Display Name - controls the label for a field in the Detail, Page Header, or Page Footer section, which is assigned a system-defined Expression.
- Section - identifies the section where the field is located in the report layout.
The Section list is also used to quickly move a text field or system field from one location to another. To move a field, simply select a different option in this list.
5. Click Save.
6. (Optional) Generate the report.