The procedure for adding a field to a Salesforce page is a two-step process. First, you must add Conga Contracts as a related list, and then you can add one or more additional fields to the page. The Conga Contracts field you are adding to the screen must exist in Conga Contracts as a default field or list, or it can be an additional field or list that has been added to a Company or Contract Profile.
Once the field is added to the Salesforce page, you can map the new field to the Conga Contracts field.
The procedure below shows how to customize the Account Page Layout can also be applied to updating the Opportunity Page Layout by making the appropriate substitutions.
Adding the Conga Contracts Related List
The first step in customizing the Salesforce Account Page Layout is to add Conga Contracts as a related list in the page layout.
1. Log in to Salesforce.
2. Click the Setup link, located at the top of the screen.
3. When the screen refreshes, type page in the search field, located at the top of the left navigation pane.
4. In the Build Customize hierarchy, click the Page Layouts link for the Accounts category.
5. In the Account Page Layout screen, click the Edit link.
6. When the screen refreshes, locate Related Lists in the list on the left, and click on it to select it.
7. Once you are directed to the Related Lists section of the screen, locate the Conga Contracts related list in the list box on the right.
8. Drag-and-drop the Conga Contracts related list from the list box to the Related Lists section of the screen.
9. Click Save.
10. In the Overwrite Users Related List Customizations prompt, click Yes.
Adding a Field to the Page Layout
The next step in customizing the Salesforce Account Page Layout is to select the Conga Contracts fields you want to add to the Account page. Since the company name and address information are included in the default mapping between Salesforce and Conga Contracts, you do not need to add fields to capture this information.
1. From any location in Salesforce, click the Setup link, located at the top of the screen.
2. When the screen refreshes, type fields in the search field, located at the top of the left navigation pane.
3. In the Build Customize hierarchy, click the Fields link for the Accounts category.
4. In the Account Fields screen, scroll down to the Account Custom Fields and Relationships section, and click New.
In the steps below, an Account Type picklist is being added to the Account page. The Account Type field corresponds to the Company Type field in Conga Contracts, and the fields can be mapped to facilitate the transfer of information when a Salesforce contract request is approved in Conga Contracts.
5. When Step 1 of the New Custom Field wizard displays:
- Locate Picklist in the Data Type list, click inside its radio button, and click Next.
6. When Step 2 of the New Custom Field wizard displays:
- In the Field Label field, enter the name of the field. Make sure the assigned name is descriptive enough so that the corresponding Conga Contracts field can be identified easily.
- For the Values options:
- Use global picklist value set - select to use a global picklist value set, and then make a selection in the Values list.
- Enter values, with each value separated by a new line - select to provide the values for the list, making sure each value in the list has a matching list item in Conga Contracts.
- In the Values list box, enter each value you want to add as an item in the list, and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- (Optional) Select the Display values alphabetically, not in the order entered check box to alphabetize items in the Values list box or the global picklist.
- (Optional) Select the Use first value as default value check box to auto-populate the field with the first item in the Values list box or the global picklist.
- (Optional) Clear the Restrict picklist to the values defined in the value set to allow users to populate the field with a value not found in the Values list box or the global picklist.
- (Optional) Populate the Description field to identify the new field and the type of data that needs to be captured.
- (Optional) Populate the Help Text field to provide information that will assist the user in correctly populating the field.
- (Optional) Select the Required check box to make the field required.
- (Optional) Populate the Default Value field with a value that will override the value selected in the Values list box or the global picklist.
- Click Next.
7. When Step 3 of the New Custom Field wizard displays:
- Select the Visible check boxes for all user types that can populate the new field.
- Select the Read Only check boxes for all user types that can view, but cannot populate the new field.
- Click Next.
8. When Step 4 of the New Custom Field wizard displays:
- (Optional) Verify the information for the custom field.
- Click Save.
Click Save & New to add another custom field.
9. (Optional) Verify the field has been added by adding a new account in Salesforce.