The Salesforce Administrator for Conga Contracts must identify the types of contracts that will be requested by Salesforce users and submitted to Conga Contracts for approval, and then add a contract type in Salesforce that corresponds to an existing contract type and request type in Conga Contracts.
Once a Conga Contracts user approves a contract request submitted by a Salesforce user, a Company Profile and Contract Profile are created, and any documents attached to the contract request are uploaded to the Contract Profile. If the Approval Process in Salesforce is being administered, the contract request is first approved in Salesforce before being submitted to Conga Contracts, where it is reviewed a second time and either approved or declined.
While the Approvals feature is available in the Enterprise, Unlimited, and Performance versions of Salesforce, the feature is not supported in the Professional version.
1. Log in to Salesforce.
Before adding a Conga Contracts Contract Type in Salesforce, ensure this type of request and its corresponding contract type exist in Conga Contracts since the Salesforce contract type must be mapped to the Conga Contracts request type and contract type.
2. In the App selection list, located in the upper right corner of the screen, change the default selection from Sales to Conga Contracts.
3. Click the Conga Contracts Types tab.
4. Click New.
5. In the Conga Contracts Contract Type Edit screen, provide the information for the new contract type:
- In the Conga Contracts Contract Type Name field, enter a name that accurately reflects the type of contract the salesperson is requesting.
- In the Minimum Opportunity Probability field, enter the minimum percentage an Opportunity needs to meet in order to submit a contract request for this contract type.
- In the Document Options list, select the option for documents after the contract request is approved in Conga Contracts, and the Company and Contract Profiles have been created:
- No Documents - no new documents, or revisions to the original document, which have been added to the Contract Profile will be stored in Salesforce.
- Copy Final Documents - only the final executed documents will be stored in Salesforce.
- Copy All Documents - all versions of all negotiated documents, including the final documents, will be stored in Salesforce.
- Link All Documents - a link is provided in Salesforce to all versions of all negotiated documents, including the final documents.
- Link All Documents and Incorporated - a link is provided in Salesforce to all versions of all negotiated documents and the final documents, plus documents in the incorporated contracts of the parent contract that was created as a result of the contract request.
- In the Copy Documents list, select the option that reflects when additional documents for a contract request can be sent from Salesforce to Conga Contracts:
- Until the Request is Accepted - documents can be sent prior to, or during, the review process.
- With the Initial Request Only - documents can only be sent when the contract request is submitted from Salesforce to Conga Contracts.
- Until the Contract is Active - documents can be sent until the status of the Contract Profile, which houses the document, is set to Active.
- Always - documents for a contract request can be submitted at any time.
- Never - documents can not be attached to this type of contract request.
The Status field is automatically assigned based on whether or not the Salesforce contract type is Pending or Synced with Conga Contracts.
6. Click Save.