You need the Bulk Data Upload Tool permission to upload a completed Company template back to Conga Contracts. Prior to uploading the template, you must download it and populate the company fields with data. For a company field that is a list, the information entered in the template must exactly match one of the options for the list, as defined in the List Administration screen.
Alternatively, you can use your own Excel spreadsheet as long as the headings in the spreadsheet exactly match the field names in the Company Profile screen, the Company Name field is included as one of the headings, and data is provided for the required fields (Company Name, Company Group, and Status).
During the upload process, the fields in the template are mapped to the fields in the Company Profile screen and the data is validated to ensure there are no errors. A successful bulk data upload results in multiple Company Profiles being added to Conga Contracts with the fields in the Profile screen automatically populated with data from the template.
If you are uploading several contracts for a company that already has an existing Company Profile in Conga Contracts, you can skip Company Bulk Data Uploading and proceed to Contract Bulk Data Uploading.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Bulk Data Upload Tool link in the menu.
2. In the File Select view of the Bulk Data Upload Tool screen, upload the completed company template:
- Select Company in the Object Type list.
- Click in the Data Loader Import File field.
- In the Open/Upload window:
- Navigate to the completed template, and then click it to select it.
- Click Open.
3. When the Open/Upload window closes, click Continue to Mapping in the toolbar of the Bulk Data Upload Tool screen.
4. When the Field Mapping view of the screen displays, verify all the field names in your Excel spreadsheet exactly match the Company Profile fields.
- If there is a field in Excel Column Header column that is not mapped to a field in the System Field Name column, click the Cancel button to reverse the upload, correct the column heading in your spreadsheet, and then re-upload the file to avoid an Error Report.
- If there is a mis-match between any two fields, which is due to a typo in the name of a column heading in your Excel spreadsheet, click in the System Field Name column to activate the list, and manually map the fields by selecting the correct field name.
5. Click Validate Excel Data in the toolbar.
If Conga Contracts is unable to match a column heading in your Excel spreadsheet to a system field, or match a data entry in the spreadsheet to an item selection in a system field list, an Error Report screen displays. Conga Contracts pinpoints the exact error by identifying the mis-matched field, or the inability to locate an item selection for a field list, and also provides the Excel spreadsheet row in which the error is located. Correct the error and repeat the process of uploading the template.
6. When the Review Data view of the screen displays, verify the company data to be uploaded is correct, and click Import Data in the toolbar.
7. When the Import Complete prompt displays, click OK.
8. In the Imported Records Report view of the Bulk Data Upload Tool Imported Records screen, verify the correct number of company records is displayed. The most recent import record displays at the top of the list, along with a time stamp for the import.
- To reverse the data upload process, click and follow the onscreen prompts.
9. (Optional) Confirm the upload by searching for the new Company Profiles that were created using the Search option in the All Companies browse screen.