You need the Global Messaging Admin permission to send a global message, which is a quick and effective means of communicating with program users about activities and key dates associated with the companies, contracts, and projects that are created, managed, and stored in Conga Contracts. A Global Messaging Admin can send a broadcast message to a single group of users who hold a specific role, several groups of users, or all program users.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Global Messaging link in the menu.
2. In the Global Messages screen, click New Message in the toolbar.
3. In the New Global Messages screen, populate the following fields:
- Subject - Enter the subject of the global message. The information in this field displays as the message header in user Dashboards.
- Priority - Select Information, Warning, or Alert to identify the importance of the message.
- Start Date - Click and use the calendar to select the date the message should first appear in user Dashboards.
- (Optional) End Date - Click and use the calendar to select the date the message should be removed from user Dashboards.
- Message Body - Enter (or paste) the global message in the field. The information in this field displays under the message header in user Dashboards.
4. (Optional) Use the Formatting Toolbar to format the text in your message.
5. (Optional) Add an active link to your message:
- Click in the Formatting Toolbar.
- In the Insert Link window, populate the following fields, and then click Ok:
- URL - Paste (or enter) the link in the field, such as https://www.getconga.com.
- (Optional) Text to Display - field is auto-populated with the information from the URL field, but you can edit the text if you want the change the way in which the link is displayed in the global message.
- (Optional) Title - enter a title for the link.
- Target - defaults to New Page, which indicates that the link will open in a new browser window and is currently the only option.
6. In the Roles section, select the check box for each user role that should receive the global message.
7. Click Save.