You need the Flow Template Admin and Workflow Admin permissions to add the workflow templates stored in Conga Contracts to a flow template. Since the two features are compatible and are often used to accomplish similar tasks, you can create a flow template that is comprised entirely of existing workflow templates, or you can add a workflow template and then supplement the flow by adding steps and stages.
Although a contract flow template is shown in the screen shots below, the steps are the same for adding a workflow to a company flow template and a project flow template.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Contract Flow Templates, Company Flow Templates, or Project Flow Templates link in the menu.
2. In the Published Flow Templates screen for contracts, companies, or projects, click New Template in the Flow Template Drafts section of the screen.
- To add a workflow to an existing flow template, locate the template, double-click it to open its Flow Design Panel screen, and proceed to Step 5.
3. In the Flow Design Panel screen, enter a descriptive name for the flow in the Flow Template Name field.
4. (Optional) Provide a concise description of the flow template in the Flow Template Description field.
6. Click in the bottom connector of the START step, and drag the cursor to the top connector of the Complete Workflow step to connect the steps.
7. Click the Complete Workflow step's and select Edit Properties in the menu to define the properties for the step.
8. In the General tab of the Complete Workflow window:
- (Optional) In the Step Name field, change Complete Workflow to a step name that is more understandable to users when it is displayed in the flow in the Contract Profile screen.
- (Optional) In the Description field, add text to provide users with additional information when they hover over the step name in the flow.
- (Optional) In the Notes field, add notes on the step for reference and/or to provide information for other users with the Flow Template Admin permission.
10. Click the Step Configuration tab, and select the workflow you want to add to the flow in the Workflow list.
11. Click the Restrictions tab, and define the criteria for the restriction using the field, inclusion, and value lists:
- In the field list:
- Click to display the Contract folder, and then display the contents of the folder by clicking .
- Select Contract Type as the field to be used to restrict the Contract Profiles that can use the workflow.
- In the inclusion list, select In (equals) to define contract type as the conditional field in the value multi-select list.
If the selection in the field list is a date, the options are Before, On, After, Null, Not Null, and four options that allow you to pinpoint a specific date (After: today minus (x) days, After: today plus (x) days, Before: today minus (x) days, and Before: today plus (x) days). For example, if today is January 1, 2017 and you want to search for contracts that expire prior to January 1, 2018, you would select After: today plus (x) days and enter 364 in the Parameter Value field since there are 365 days in a year. Similarly, if you wanted to search for contracts that expired last year, you would select Before: today minus (x) days and enter 365 in the Parameter Value field. To designate today's date, select After: today minus (x) days and make x =1. To designate tomorrow's date, select Before: today plus (x) days and make x = 2.
- In the value multi-select list, select Services as the contract type.
- (Optional) Select additional contract types to expand the application of the flow.
- (Optional) Click to further limit the application of the flow, or click to expand its application. To remove a restriction, click its icon.
If the selection you make in the field list is a date or number, the value multi-select list becomes a value field you will be required to enter a date or number.
12. Click Save.
13. In the Flow Design Panel screen, click the End Flow step in the Actions column to select it, and then drag-and-drop it into the grid.
- Use the End Stage step if more stages need to be added to the flow.
14. Click in the bottom connector of the Complete Workflow step, and drag the cursor to the top connector of the End Flow step to connect the steps.
- Publish Template to save and publish (activate) the flow template.
- Save Flow Template to add the template to the Flow Template Drafts section of the screen if you are not ready to activate it.
In the Contract Profile screen, a button displays when the flow runs on the Profile. When a user clicks the button, the Workflow Wizard runs so that the user can select the workflow team, and assign the steps in the workflow to members of the team.