A user with the List Admin permission must provide item selections for the Document Type Group field list, which is then used to create items selections in the Document Types field list. When item selections have been added to both lists, users are able to add a document to a Company, Contract, or Project Profile.
The Document Type Group list is used to categorize the documents uploaded to a Profile. An easy way to group documents is to use the default program groupings: Company, Contract, Project, and Global. A Restricted group should also be added if security is going to be applied to documents through a user role.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Lists link in the menu.
2. In the List Administration screen, enter document in the Search field and press the ENTER key on your keyboard.
3. When the results display in the Fields List section, locate the Document (2 Items) category.
4. In the Document category, click the Document Type Group list to display the existing list items in the right side of the screen.
If the list is lengthy, click Excel in the toolbar to download a spreadsheet showing the existing list items before adding a new one.
5. Click Add in the toolbar to display a blank New Item record:
- Click in the Name field and enter a name for the document group list item.
- (Optional) Click in the Description field and enter information that will display when a user hovers over the list item.
- (Optional) Click the Disabled check box to temporarily remove this group from the list of options when adding a document type list item.
6. Click Save.