A user with the List Admin permission can edit the name given to a generic field in the User Profile screen. Once the name is changed for a generic field list, the item selections may also need to be updated. A List Admin can also hide any of the five default or renamed person generic fields so that the field does not display in the User Profile screen.1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Lists link in the menu.
2. In the List Administration screen, locate the generic fields by entering person in the Search field and pressing the ENTER key on your keyboard.
3. When the Person Generic Fields result displays in the Fields List section, click it to display the generic fields in the right side of the screen.
4. Locate the generic field you want to edit, and perform the necessary updates:
- Click in the Field Label field and type over the existing text to change the name of the field.
- Click in the Description field and type over the existing text to edit the quick tip.
- Click a field's Hidden check box to hide the field in the User Profile screen.
5. Click Save.