A user with the List Admin permission can edit an item selection in the Functions multi-select list, which appears in the User Profile screen and the Person Profile screen. A List Admin can edit a person function by changing its name or description, its position in the hierarchy, or by adding a sub-function. A List Admin can also move a list item to change its position in the hierarchy.
You can also disable and delete a person function.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Lists links.
2. In the List Administration screen, type people into the Search field, and press the ENTER key on your keyboard.
3. When the results display in the Fields List section, locate the People (2 Items) category.
If People Fields 1-5 display in the results, these additional fields have not been renamed for use in the User Profile, and list items have not been added. Once these tasks are completed, the People Fields will not display in the People category, but can be located by entering person in the Search field.
4. In the People category, click People Functions to display the existing functions in the right side of the screen.
5. Perform any of the following edits for a function list item:
- Click in the Name field and type over the existing text to change its name.
- Click in the Description field and type over the existing text to edit the information that displays when a user hovers over the list item.
- Add another item to the list, or add a sub-function to a list item.
- To move a function to the bottom of the list, click the function record, and then drag-and-drop it onto the top-level folder in the hierarchy.
- To move a sub-function to the bottom of its function list, click the icon for the function to display the sub-functions. Click the sub-function record to select it, and then drag-and-drop it onto the folder for the function.
- To make a sub-function a function, click the icon for the function to display the sub-functions. Click on the sub-function record to select it, and drag-and-drop it onto the top-level folder in the hierarchy. The sub-function displays as a function at the bottom of the list.
- To make a function a sub-function, click the function record, and then drag-and-drop it onto another function's folder.
To clear the changes you made to the hierarchy, exit the List Administration screen.
7. Click Save.