A List Admin must provide item selections for the five field lists in the default Company Profile screen: Company Category (broad classification of the types of companies with which your organization does business, such as corporation), Company Type (secondary classification for a company, such as customer or supplier), Company Group (security measure to restrict access to companies by user role), Company Additional Name Type (other names by which a company is known), and Company Status.
In addition to these default field lists, a user with the Additional Forms Admin permission can add additional field lists to the Company Profile screen, and must also have the List Admin permission to add selections to the field lists they add.
Item selections are added to all field lists in the Company Profile screen using the steps shown in the Company Group example shown below. However, the Quick Tip and Required Fields lists are handled differently.
The Company Group list works in conjunction with user roles so that access to Company Profiles can be controlled. Therefore, at least one security identifier (such as Restricted or Proprietary) should be added as an item selection in the Company Group list.
1. Click Admin in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Lists link in the menu.
2. In the List Administration screen, enter company in the Search field and press the ENTER key on your keyboard.
3. When the results display in the Fields List section, locate the Company (7 Items) category.
4. In the Company category, click the Company Group list to display the existing groups in the right side of the screen.
If the list is lengthy, click Excel in the toolbar to download a spreadsheet showing the existing list items before adding a new one.
5. (Optional) Clear the Alphabetical check box to display list items in the order in which you add them, instead of alphabetical order.
6. Click Add in the toolbar to display a blank New Item record:
- Click in the Name field and enter a name for the group list item.
- (Optional) Click in the Description field and enter information that will display when a user hovers over the list item.
- (Optional) Click the Disabled check box to temporarily remove this group from the list of options in the Company Group field in the Company Profile screen.
7. Click Save.
To change the order of an item in the list, clear the Alphabetical check box, click the list item record to select it, and then drag-and-drop it upwards or downwards to a different location in the list. If you are successfully moving a list item, the prompt displays during the move.