Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) uses wizards to assist users in completing both company and contract-related tasks. Administrators should become familiar with the wizards since some of the templates and program configurations are used by the wizards.
There are seven wizards, and one feature that behaves as a wizard, which can be launched from the Contract Profile:
- Creation Wizard: Creates a new contract using a creation template designed by an Administrator.
- Contract Renewal Wizard: Renews a contract by requiring the user to enter a new expiration date and update the event alert for the new expiration date.
- Contract Reassignment Wizard: Transfers the contracts from one company to another. When a contract is reassigned, all of its data, including incorporated contracts, events, tasks, messages, and the people, payments, and products associated with the contract are also transferred to the new company. Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) also stores a record of the assignment so that the contract's history can be tracked.
- Document Package Wizard: Creates the document package that is used in creating or negotiating a contract. The wizard not only identifies the documents that will be used in the package, but also allows the user to select the people who will participate in performing the tasks associated with the documents in the package.
- eSignature Package Wizard: Creates a document package and then send the final document for electronic signature (eSignature). The wizard gives users the option of using a pre-defined template or running the wizard without a template. In conjunction with the DocuSign or Adobe Sign application, the wizard prompts you to tag the document(s) to indicate the signature lines and any other areas of the document that require the signer's input.
- Workflow Wizard: Creates a contract workflow using a template created by an Administrator.
- Move Document Wizard: Moves documents from one contract profile to another contract (or company) profile if a user inadvertently uploaded a document to the wrong profile.
- Copy Contract Wizard: Creates a new Contract Profile by making a copy of an existing Contract Profile, and also allows the user to select the additional forms they want copied to the new Contract Profile.
- Archive feature: Removes the Contract Profile so that it no longer displays in browse screens, or is returned as a search result.
There are four wizards, and two features that behave as wizards, which can be launched from the Company Profile:
- Merger/Acquisition Wizard: Transfers select data from an acquired company to the acquiring company.
- Change Name Wizard: Automatically updates a company name in all applicable locations in Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus).
- Workflow Wizard: Creates a company workflow using a template created by an Administrator.
- Move Document Wizard, which allows users to move a document from one company profile to another company (or contract) profile if they inadvertently uploaded the document to the wrong profile.
- Archive feature: Removes the Company Profile so that it no longer displays in browse screens, or is returned as a search result.
- Mark as Entity feature: Designates a company as a legal party to a contract.