To migrate Conga Composer from a Salesforce Sandbox Instance to a Salesforce Production Instance:
- Copy your existing Conga Button URLs from your Sandbox instance to add to your Production instance. You will need to manually create a new button in the Production instance and can then paste into it the appropriate button URL from the Sandbox environment.
- Recreate all of your Reports (including any necessary custom report types), Queries and custom fields in the Production instance.
- Recreate all of the Conga Template records in your Production instance. You will also need to upload the appropriate Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or PDF template file to the coordinating Conga Template record in the Production instance. If you do not have the template files saved on your local computer, intranet, etc., you may download them from the Conga Template record in the Sandbox instance.
- Save the source code (HTML) from the Conga Email Template records in your Sandbox instance. We recommend saving each Conga Email Template's HTML source code into a .txt file. Create a new Conga Email Template record in the Production instance and paste the appropriate source code from the .txt file from the Sandbox Conga Email Template record into the Production Conga Email Template record.
Note: The Source button (used to access the HTML source code for a Conga Email Template) is only accessible from the Advanced Editor on the Conga Email Template record.
In the Conga Composer button URL:
- update all IDs (reports, queries, templates, etc.) to the Production versions.
- update all references to custom fields - ensure the field has the correct merge field or API name.
Some browsers have a tendency to add spaces when Copy/Pasting from one org to another. Be sure to remove any additional spaces from the Button URL, or errors will be thrown when launching it.