You can add Conga Sign automatic anchor tags to a PDF form template for use with Conga Composer. Using this method, both Conga merge fields and Conga Sign automatic anchor tags populate when the template is sent for signature.
These instructions are specific to Adobe Acrobat X Standard.
To add Conga Sign signature tags to a PDF form (using Adobe Acrobat X Standard):
- Create a PDF form template with Conga Composer merge fields (for more information see, the PDF forms reference guide). Once you have a PDF form template with Composer merge fields, you can add Conga Sign Signature tags.
- Open your PDF form in Adobe Acrobat and select View-> Tools-> Forms.
- Click Edit in the list of options in the right column.
- Determine the place in your form where you want to add signature tags. Select Add New Field and choose a Text Field.
- Enter a placeholder value for Field Name. The value can be whatever you like. Unlike Composer merge fields, the field name does NOT map a Salesforce field to the form field. This is simply a placeholder to name the form field.
- After adding the desired tags, click Preview in the top menu to return to the standard view of your PDF form.
- Put your cursor in your new form field and manually type your Conga Sign signature tag.
- Return to Edit mode. Select your form field, click All Properties, then select the Appearance tab. Change the text color for this form field to white. Changing the text color to white ensures that your Conga Sign signature tag is not shown to your eventual signer and they are only presented with the relevant signature block. Repeat this for every Conga Sign signature tag in your template.
- Save your form and upload it to Salesforce.