The Conga Suite makes it easy to generate documents of all kinds, by merging templates with your Salesforce data. Conga QuickMerge automates both Conga Mail Merge and Conga Composer operations.
In this article, you will learn how to simplify your merge processes with Conga QuickMerge.
By documenting your preferences in a QuickMerge button, you can launch your merge operations with a single mouse click.
In this example, we will automate a Composer operation.
To create a QuickMerge Link record:
- Select the QuickMerge Links tab.
- Select as the record type.
- Click to go to the next page.
You document your preferences for the Conga Composer solution on the QuickMerge page.
- The title of the QuickMerge action.
- Link Type – you can perform PointMerge (Conga Composer) or MassMerge (Conga Mail Merge) operations. Select PointMerge.
- The Salesforce ID of the report(s) you are using as a datasource. This is the last 15 characters of the URL for that Report.
- The Salesforce ID of the template you are using. This is the last 15 characters of the URL for that template.
- The Conga Composer parameters you are using for this solution.
To run a QuickMerge Link for Conga Composer:
Launch the QuickMerge link by using one of these methods:
Click the Launch Button on the object's detail page.
Click the Launch button on the QuickMerge Links home page.
When you run QuickMerge, it takes you directly to the Conga Composer dialog box to generate your documents. The parameters that you entered in the QuickMerge link are applied to your solution.