What is the Composer Starter Pack?
The Conga Composer Starter Pack includes all of the necessary components for a document generation solution. The purpose of the Starter Pack is to help customers get up-and-running quickly with a pre-configured template and pre-determined data sources.
The Conga Invoicing starter pack includes:
- One invoice template built in Microsoft Word.
- Two Conga Queries which gather line-item data and usage data for the invoice document.
- One custom button on the Invoice object (this is where the document generation process is initiated).
- One Conga Solution record named Generate Invoice. This is where you can manage the document generation process.
How do you deploy the Composer Starter Pack?
To use the out-of-the-box Starter Pack, follow these steps:
- Install Conga Invoicing for Salesforce Billing from the AppExchange (select Install for All Users).
- Select Conga Invoicing from the App drop down.
- Click the About Conga Invoicing tab.
- Enable Remote Sites. To do so, click Click Here to Configure Remote Sites.
- Next, add each remote site by clicking Add Site and then Save on the Remote Site Edit page that opens (you can then close the window). A green check will appear next to the Remote Site after it has been added.
- After enabling Remote Sites, click Create Conga Solution. You will receive a success message saying the solution has been created.
- Click Create Custom Button (if you do not have Salesforce Billing installed, you will receive an error). The button will be created on the Invoice object.
- Now you need to add the newly created button onto the Invoice page layout. To do so, navigate to an Invoice record and click Edit Layout.
- Click Buttons and then drag the Generate Invoice button onto the page layout and click Save.
When creating Composer solutions with Solution Manager you can usually add Composer buttons to page layouts via the point-and-click user interface. However, when adding a Composer button to a Salesforce Billing object you will have to add the button manually, as instructed here, because Salesforce Billing is a managed package. Rest assured you can still utilize the rest of the Conga Solution Manager features with the free version of the product. See Create a Custom Conga Invoicing for Salesforce Billing Solution for more information.
- The button uses Open Authorization (OAuth) security, so you must also Configure Composer as a Connected App before using the solution.
- After configuring OAuth, you can launch the Generate Invoice button from an Invoice record to start generating Invoices.
After deploying the Composer Started Pack, Create Conga Solution and Create Custom Button will no longer appear on the About Conga Invoicing tab as this is a one-time setup process.