Easily create a custom Conga Composer solution with the Document Automation Wizard. If you are new to Composer or want to create a customized template, the wizard guides you through the steps to configure a simple solution.
Conga Composer Quick Starts and the Document Automation Wizard are not currently supported in Lightning Experience with clickjack protection enabled. If clickjack protection is enabled, Conga recommends using Salesforce Classic for the best user experience.
To create a solution using the Document Automation Wizard:
- Navigate to the Conga Quick Start tab and select Launch Wizard on the Document Automation Wizard tile.
- Follow the wizard prompts.
1. Add Solution Details
Name your solution and select the Salesforce object you want to use as your master object, which is the object on which you want to build the Composer button and from where you want to gather master data.
2. Add Data to a Solution
If your solution requires data related to the Salesforce Object you selected, you can create and add SOQL queries to access the related content. Locate a query and add an Alias to quickly identify that query in your solution.
3. Add Templates to a Solution
Select a template you want to be added to your solution. Choose any Composer template listed or upload your own Word document. You can create or upload your own template or select a template from the search drop-down menu. You can add up to 10 templates only. For more information, see Composer Templates.
4. Behavior Settings
Assign common document behaviors to your solution. General behaviors include:
- Background Mode - which allows users to bypass the user interface and go directly into document generation.
- Generate Files - which allows you to convert your document to PDF and assign an output file name.
- Post Merge Distribution - Activity Logging, Email distribution, eSignature, and Save a Copy
For more about these behaviors, see the Composer Parameter Guide.
5. Add your newly created button to the Page Layout.
Click Go to Page Layout to add the button to your desired page layout(s) so your end users can start using it to generate documents.
Additional edits to your Composer solution
If you want to make additional edits to your solution after using the Document Automation Wizard, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Conga Solutions tab.
- Select the newly created Solution Record (identified by the name entered in Step 1 above).
- Use the Solution Manager to make edits.
You can return to the Document Automation Wizard by clicking Edit (Guided) on the solution record.