Skip to main content
Using Conga Composer with DocuSign In Background Mode for Multiple Signers
Save as PDF
- Create a custom button to integrate Conga Composer with DocuSign for Salesforce.
- Create the button manually
- Create the button with Solution Manager (Recommended)
- Create your Conga Composer template with all the necessary merge fields.
- Enter automatic anchor text, \s1\, where you want the tag information for the first signer to appear. Use \s2\ where you want the second signer to sign.
- Color that tag information white so it does not appear in the document.
- In Salesforce, we need to store the document as a new Conga Template record to make it available for merging.
- Add the following parameters to your button URL:
- &Template ID= The template ID of the document you uploaded in Step 4.
- &DocuSignR1Id= The record ID of a Salesforce Contact, Lead, or User. This can be done with Salesforce fields, typically a lookup or formula field, with Contact Roles, or with more advanced options.
- &DocuSignR1RoutingOrder=1 Specifies that recipient 1 will sign first.
- &DocuSignR2Id= The record ID of a Salesforce Contact, Lead, or User. This can be done with Salesforce fields, typically a lookup or formula field, with Contact Roles, or with more advanced options.
- &DocuSignR2Role=Signer+2 note that this will allow the individual specified as R2 to take advantage of all tags set up for Signer 2.
- &DocuSignR2RoutingOrder=2 Specifies that recipient 2 will receive the document after signer 1 has completed.
- &DS7=7 or 17 Bypasses the Conga Composer user interface (background mode) and automatically sends. Salesforce1 buttons can only use DS7=7.
- Add this button to the page layout where you want it to run, for example the Opportunity,
- Click your button.
- Your solution will run in Background Mode and will be automatically delivered to the first recipient.