These instructions are provided as a courtesy to Conga customers. For the most up-to-date directions on installing DocuSign for Salesforce, visit DocuSign's site.
Conga Composer currently does not support DocuSign for Salesforce version 7.0. Our development team is investigating support options for this release. To continue using DocuSign for Salesforce with Conga Composer, do NOT upgrade past version 6.8 / 6.8.2.
- Visit DocuSign for Salesforce's page on the Salesforce appexchange and click Get It Now.
- Log into the AppExchange with your Salesforce username and password.
- Choose to either Install in production or Install in sandbox as appropriate.
- Select the I have read and agree to the terms and conditions box.
- Click Confirm and Install.
- Log into your Salesforce account.
- Select Install for All Users.
This does not grant DocuSign licenses to all users, it simply installs the necessary Apex classes, VisualForce pages, and field-level permissions.
- Click Install.
- Select the Yes, grant access to these third-party web sites box.
- Click Continue.
- The app will begin to install.
- You will likely receive a notification that the app is taking a long time to install
- You can click Done or wait to receive an email.
- From the Installed Packages page, click Configure.
- Enter the email address and password for your DocuSign account.
- Select the appropriate DocuSign Environment. In most cases, this will be Production.
- You will then be prompted to enter your Salesforce username and password.
- Select the appropriate Salesforce Environment.
- Select the check box by I agree to add the remote site and network access for communication with DocuSign.
- Click Connect.
At this point the Admin who completed the above steps is assigned a DocuSign license and is ready to use DocuSign. Other users who need to send DocuSign Envelopes through Conga Composer need to be setup according to the steps on the Setting Up DocuSign for Salesforce article.
To test your installation, do the following:
- Click Layouts.
- Select the check box for Desktop Buttons on an Opportunity Layout.
- Click Save.
- You will receive the following message:
- Navigate to the Opportunity.
- Click the button on the layout and see if you can get to the DocuSign envelope page.
If you do, success! If not, contact DocuSign.