Templates not displaying in Composer Release 8 (or showing fewer templates than you expect).
Possible Causes and Workarounds
- Apply appropriate object and field level security to the Conga Templates custom object. See Profile Permissions Needed to Use Composer for more information.
- The TemplateGroup parameter filters the list of file templates that appear in the Conga Composer dialog box to those that match a certain criteria. Remove this parameter so the list is not filtered and your templates display.
- If the Used Data Space and Used File Space limits are exceeded in your Salesforce org, this can cause templates to not display in the Composer window. This information can be found in Salesforce Setup > Company Profile > Company Information. If these fields are over 100%, Composer 8 might not be able to display all available templates.
- Ensure there are no colons or other illegal characters in the name of the file or attachment on any Conga template record. If colons or other illegal characters are included, Composer omits that template and any subsequent template that would otherwise display in the template list.
- Make sure only one template repository is selected in Composer Setup. See the image below.
If you use Salesforce Communication Templates you must select that option.