When editing a document or template, the document panel will give you many options to customize, share, and design your document. It can be found on the right hand side of the document build view. This article will introduce you to the options available and how to use them.
The Next Steps tab will always help you get to the next phase of your document workflow. Whether you are still building, ready to send, or waiting for signatures, the Next Steps tab will let you know where you are in the process. When you select this menu, you will see drop down options for each step in the process and will be able to kick off the next step from here.
The Properties tab is made up of five different menus that will help you customize your document as needed. Each of the five menus are described below with the options available in them.
- Details - The details tab is a place for the document owner to edit information about this document. Items that can be edited within this tab are Title, Client, Description, Tags, Template, Owner, Value, Expiration Date, and any Document Relationships. The values you place in this tab can also be added into the document as variables during the document build by clicking the Content tab, clicking Variables, and then selecting Document variables. Simply drag and drop them into the document as needed.
- Design - A main benefit of Conga Collaborate documents is being able to style them according to your company’s brand preferences. This style is controlled by a Theme. Now, you can access any themes you have available to choose from in this Design tab. Simply use the drop-down menu to select which theme you would like to apply to your document. Remember, your access to Themes is controlled by your Admin, so let them know if you don’t think you are seeing what you need here.
- Metadata - A third tab available in Properties is the Metadata tab, if enabled in your account. Here we can add important information about this document that others may need to use to search for or report on later. Metadata templates need to be set up by an administrator, but, once they are, users can use the drop-down menu to choose which metadata they need to apply to their document.
- Privacy - We take privacy seriously, so we wanted users to be able to control these settings quickly and easily. In this tab, users can enable an access code for their document, share it with specific workgroups or simply make it public or private.
- Options - The last tab under the Properties menu is Options. In this tab, users can allow for a PDF download of their Conga Collaborate document, enable a Cover page, add a Signature Page to the PDF download, and enable the Table of Contents to print. All of these options change the download behavior of your Conga Collaborate document.
This tab allows users to manage all of their integrations for the document or template in one place. When users click Integrations, on the right-side document panel, they can see a list of their integrations for that document. These can be toggled off and on as needed. For example, if you are connected to Salesforce, you will see which Salesforce record your document is connected to. If you need to change which Salesforce record you are connected to, you can use the drop down menu, or search. Other common integrations users can manage here would be Docusign and Formstack for eSignature and Form services.
Here users can access Files, Images, Pages, Text Snippets, and Variables to add into their document, or they can add new Content with the Add New button at the top of this menu. This allows for commonly used pieces of Content to be used across your organization and updated in one place.
For more information about Content, see our support article on the topic.
Conga Collaborate allows users to create multiple versions of their documents. The New Version button is readily available at the top of this menu along with a drop-down menu to see other versions of the document. This is also a great place to double check whether you are working on the most current version of a document.
The Download Button will sit at the bottom of the Document Panel, under all of the other tabs available. This will allow for a download of your online document by you or your customers, if needed.