WhatUsing forms with Conga Collaborate documents is made simple by our powerful integration with Formstack. This article will discuss the different options available for using forms and the benefits of each.
WhyForms are a great way to gather data with Conga Collaborate documents. They can kick off the next process in a workflow or simply allow for a deeper analysis of your customer's needs. The below options are some ways for forms to fit into your workflow.
HowOptions for using a Formstack form in your Conga Collaborate document:
- Survey – if you want Conga Collaborate users to enter information for the document when the document is created and then have that information available as variables to use on the document. This can only be configured on a template.
- New, separate page in your document – if you want to pre-fill fields on the form using Salesforce data.
- Embedded within an existing page – if you want the form to have Collaborate content on the page with it.
- Post-acceptance form – if you want your recipient to fill out the form after accepting a document.
- In the template build view, open the Integrations panel.
- In the Formstack section, click Choose.
- Select your form and then click Assign Survey.
Once a form is added as a Survey, open the Content panel in the build view, select the Variables dropdown, and the click Survey to see the variables available from that form. These variables can be added to your document using the % tool or the drag and drop method.
- Within the template build view, open the Content panel and select Forms from the drop-down menu.
- Drag the form over to the Table of Contents and insert it as a new page.
- Within the template or document build view, open the Content panel and select Forms from the drop-down menu.
- Drag the form you need into the current page. The form will insert wherever your cursor is located.
You can manually edit the height and width of the iframe containing the form in the source code editor.
- Add a new section to your Table of Contents.
- Open the Content panel and select Forms from the drop-down menu.
- Drag the form over to the Table of Contents and insert it into your new section.
- Click the gear icon next to your new Section title and select Edit Properties.
- Check the box next to Display section once document is accepted.
You can only use post-acceptance forms if you are using Conga Collaborate’s e-signature tool.