After you’ve created your Conga Collaborate document, you want to get it into your recipient’s hands. Conga Collaborate provides you with a number of different ways to deliver the document depending on your needs and recipient experience preferences. The sections below outline the advantages of each of the three main delivery methods available in Conga Collaborate.
Custom Recipient Link From Conga Collaborate
The most common method, and the one that provides the highest level of automation for your recipients, is sending them a custom recipient link directly from Conga Collaborate. By utilizing this method, you will be sending an email from the Conga Collaborate platform and will allow your recipients to click one link and automatically log into the document. We recommend this method for the majority of workflows as it provides the smoothest experience for your recipients.
All Conga Collaborate emails are optimized for deliverability, however, to ensure proper delivery of emails to your inbox, we recommend you:
- Add Conga Collaborate.com to your whitelist, also called the Approved Safe and Senders List
- Update your email filters to include octiv.com
In order to add people to the document manually, follow these steps:
- Open your document and click on the People tab on the right-hand panel
- Click Add People
- Type in the First Name, Last Name, and Email Address of your recipient (you can add additional recipients at this time by clicking Add Another Recipient)
- Click Submit to add the recipient(s) to the document
The fastest way to add people to your document is to add them from your CRM. With the Conga Collaborate document sharing experience, users can easily send documents to CRM contacts from within Conga Collaborate. Today, the Conga Collaborate document sharing experience supports the ability to add contacts from Salesforce, NetSuite, and Pipedrive.
To Add Recipients from CRM take the following steps:
- Click the People tab
- Click Add People
- Click Add [CRM Name] Contacts (ex: if you use Salesforce, the button would read “Add Salesforce Contacts”)
- Choose the signing permissions for each added Contact (Conga Collaborate defaults to making each Contact a Collaborator). Editing permissions will also allow you to change actual contact info as well
- Click Submit
If you have already published the document you will get a modal that asks if you’d like to send the email now. If you are in a Draft state the recipients will be listed in the People panel. Once you publish the document a Send Email button will appear on the People tab as well as a Send Email link on the Next Steps tab.
Finally, Conga Collaborate tracks email status, allowing you to see who has received an email by looking at the individual business cards for each recipient on the People tab. An email icon will appear on the card indicating the date and time the email was sent.
If additional follow-up is needed, document owners can send multiple emails to the same recipient. Go to the People tab, click Send Email, and select the email addresses of the recipients to which you wish to resend the document.
Custom Recipient Link from Your Preferred Email System
There are some cases where you may not want to send an email directly from Conga Collaborate. (Ex: you are already working in another email chain with your recipient and you’d like to keep the context of the email history.) In this case, Conga Collaborate provides an easy way for you to pull out the custom recipient URL to send directly to your recipient. This provides very similar benefits to the first method but takes you out of the Conga Collaborate platform to send your emails.
In order to utilize this method:
- Repeat the steps from the earlier section to add recipients to the document
- Publish the document
- Instead of sending the email from Conga Collaborate, go to the People tab on the document and click on “[Recipient’s Name] Unique document URL” to show the Unique document URL for each Recipient
- Copy this URL and paste it into your own email system to send to your Recipient
Public URL from your Preferred Email System
There are some cases where the private, custom recipient link is not necessary, and allowing a recipient to log in to the document using a public link would be simpler. In these cases, Conga Collaborate provides a public link to allow a recipient to navigate to a document, enter their first and last name, and view the document. Using a public link allows many people to view the document without the document owner having to explicitly define recipients. This method is most useful for sending out a document to a large number of people. As people log into the document, Conga Collaborate will track viewer information through the name each person enters in order to view the document (along with view count, view time, etc.). The other benefit to this method is that it allows you to send out a document for acceptance when you are not sure who the signer should be on the document. Using the Public URL and Conga Collaborate’s eSignature process, the first person to click the Accept button is the one to sign the document.
In order to access the Public URL for your document, follow these steps:
- Open the document
- Open the Properties tab
- Copy the link in the “View” bar at the top of the Properties tab
- Send the link to your recipients
As soon as you add People to the document, only a person marked as a signer will be able to sign. Those who view the document through the Public URL will not be able to sign. In other words, if you follow the steps to add someone to the People tab, they will be the only recipients to see the Accept button. If you send out the Public URL to your recipients, anyone will be able to log in to the document and click Accept.