Use an Existing Salesforce Report
Use the New Grid From Report (Beta) tool to convert Salesforce reports into Grid views.
This is a beta feature that is still in development. Please be aware that some issues may exist and that we cannot currently offer technical support.
This is a standalone tool that requires you to manually select various options. Consider using the Import from Existing Salesforce Quick Start option for a more automated solution.
To use the Import from Existing Salesforce Quick Start option for a more automated solution:
- Click Grid Setup.
- In the object list, click Global Defaults.
- Under the Global Defaults > Global Setup tab, click Convert Report (Beta).
- The New Grid from Report screen appears.
- From the Report drop-down list, select a report that you want to create an Grid view from.
- Optional: Select the Create VF Page check box to create a Visualforce page from the view.
- The Label and Name automatically populate based on the report that you selected.
- Optional: Enter a Description for the new view.
- Optional: Select the Add Page to AG Users Permission Set checkbox to automatically add the
new Visualforce page to the Grid Users permission set. This option is only available if you chose to create a Visualforce page in Step 5.
- Click OK. The Map Columns screen appears.
Grid tries to determine the best match between its own field names and the Salesforce report field names. In the example above, Case Owner is the Salesforce field, and OwnerId is the Grid field that was the closest match.
- To choose a different Grid field, click the button to the right of the field name. Then select a field in the Map Column screen that appears.
- Click OK in the Map Columns screen. A Visualforce Page Created screen appears.
- Choose an option:
- Click View VF Page to go to the Visualforce Pages page in Salesforce Setup, where you can manage the Visualforce page that was created. This option is only available if you selected to create a Visualforce page in Step 5.
- Click Tabs to go to the Custom Tabs page in Salesforce Setup, where you can create a custom tab that contains the new view.
- Close the Visualforce Page Created screen to return to ActionGrid Setup.
- Click Grid Explorer.
- From the object list, select the object associated with the new view.
- Select the new view from the Views drop-down list in the Grid toolbar; for example:
If Grid selects the CreatedByID field as the closest match for the Salesforce Created by ID field, click the button to the right of the field name and select CreateByUser instead.