Conga Grid currently supports copy-and-paste operations from Google Docs®, Microsoft Excel® (desktop only), and Apple Numbers®.
There are two ways to paste records into Conga Grid℠:
- Paste to Batch Insert: This is the default operation. Conga Grid adds new rows with the records that you paste into the grid. This ensures that you do not override existing data.
- Paste to Batch Update: When you paste data into Conga Grid, it updates existing records. You receive a warning message confirming that you want to do this.
You can set the default option using Feature Security:
- Click .
- Click in the object list.
- Click the tab.
- Scroll down to the and features.
- Choose to , Disable, or (from the user's Salesforce permissions) each option.
How to Copy and Paste
Select the first record's fields of the column. Once selected, simply use the quick key CRTL + V, or right-click and select Paste. https://www.screencast.com/t/ER6o2FgHIg
Tips for Copy and Paste
If data does not paste correctly into Conga Grid, formatting issues might be to blame. For example, Excel tries to automatically detect data types and apply formatting. Dates might convert to preferred cultural settings, or numeric totals might have currency symbol prefixes. If data does not paste as expected, we recommend changing the formatting in Excel, Google Docs, or Apple Numbers to match the displayed data in Conga Grid. Cultural settings on your system might not match those of your browser or the Salesforce user.