The Search box works similarly to the Salesforce® global search.
There are some exceptions:
- For a specific object with no ActionGrid℠ filters applied, the search returns only the first 2,000 records displayed in the current view. It does not return the entire data set.
- For a specific object with a filter applied, the search initially ignores the filter and finds the first 2,000 records displayed in the current view. That result set is passed into a SOQL search to further filter the ActionGrid filters against that set of records.
- For an ActionGrid page layout, the search returns the first 2,000 records displayed in the current view. By default, it passes in the foreign key of the record that you are currently viewing.
- It searches fields associated with a given object, even if the fields are not displayed in the grid. This does not include Lookups.
- It searches both the body and subject of emails.
- It does not support boolean strings like AND/OR logic, for example: Sales and Transportation
See the following Salesforce documents for more details on search constraints, including which fields cannot be searched: