Here are some tips for editing records in ActionGrid℠:
- For text fields, click inside of a grid cell to edit its value.
- For date fields, click in the grid cell and enter a new date. Or, click the calendar icon and select a date from the calendar that appears.
- Parent fields have options that let you select existing values. An example is when you are viewing a grid of Contacts and you click in an Account field. You can select from a list of existing accounts or click the magnifier icon to search for accounts. You receive a notification that you are editing a parent object. An example is when you are viewing a grid of Opportunities and you edit a Contact record. A blue triangle icon appears next to the field, reminding you that it has updated the parent object data too. Any other Opportunity associated with that Contact also be updates.
- Clicking the Edit link in the Action field displays a new Salesforce page for that record, where you can also edit fields as needed.
- You cannot edit access levels for Opportunity Team Member.
- When you edit a field, a small red triangle appears in the field to indicate that it has not yet been saved.
- To revert your edits, click the drop-down arrow next to and click .
- To save your edits, click . If you are the owner of the current view, clicking also saves the current view. To save edits without saving the current view, click the drop-down arrow next to and click .
Press CTRL+ / to display a popup list with keyboard shortcuts that you can use. Or, clickin the ActionGrid toolbar and select .
Here is a list of the shortcuts that are available:
- Press to advance to the next field.
- Press to move to the previous field.
- Press to advance to the next row.
- Press to move up one row.
- Press CTRL+[ or CTRL+] to traverse between parent and child grids.
- Press Save View screen. to display the
- Press to expand and collapse the Configure menu.
- Press to insert a new empty row.
- Press to save your edits.
- Press fill up or fill down. to
- Press to enable or disable Edit mode.
- Press to paste data from an external table.
Configure Edit Options
Edit mode is enabled by default. You can disable Edit mode by pressingor by using the menu. Follow these steps:
- Click the button. The menu appears.
- Expand the Toolbar drop-down arrow.
- Click . The grid is now in read-only mode. The Edit button appears in the toolbar. You must click this to resume editing.
- Optional: Clear the check box in the menu. The editing buttons from the toolbar are removed.