One of the first steps in working with ActionGrid℠ is to choose which fields you want to display. See the following sections:
In the, click an object in the object list and click . The Configure menu on the right side of the application lists the available fields for the current object. Select the specific fields you want to view.
As you add and remove fields in themenu, the grid automatically refreshes to show your changes. This behavior is controlled by the Auto Update check box at the bottom of the menu. Clear the check box if you do not want the grid to refresh while you are selecting fields.
Here are some tips for organizing fields (also called columns):
- To remove a field, clear the check box for the field name. Or click and drag the field off the grid.
- To rearrange fields, click and drag them to their desired order.
- To rename a field, right-click on the field name and select . In the Column Settings screen, enter a column Label. For example, you can create shorter field names to maximize the number of columns displayed in the grid.
- To enter a New object to create new records, that field will populate with the default value that you specified. for a field, enter the value in the Column Settings screen. This is useful when you need to create many new records that have the same value in a field. When you click
- To make a field or , click the appropriate check box in the Column Settings screen.
- To keep a selected column frozen on the left side of the grid while scrolling horizontally, right-click on the field name and click .
- Once you have arranged fields the way you like them, you can save the current view. See Save Views for instructions.
Use the Search Fields box in themenu to search for specific fields.
For example, suppose you are viewing a grid of Opportunity Products. Typingin the Search Fields box shows all Opportunity Product field names that contain that string. If a field containing price is a related column (child), only the parent field is displayed.
Click the arrow icon above the check boxes twice to group all of the currently selected fields at the top of the available fields list. Click the arrow icon once to group the currently selected fields at the bottom of the list. Click the icon three times to revert the fields to their original order.
View API Field Names and Help Text
When you move the cursor over a field name in themenu, a blue popup screen appears with the API Name and Help Text for that field (as set in Salesforce).