Use the New ActionGrid℠ App Page (beta) tool to convert a selected Salesforce® app to an ActionGrid view. This tool provides the following options:
- Convert list views from a selected Salesforce app into separate ActionGrid views.
- Create a Visualforce page with tabs that match objects in the app.
This is a beta feature that is still in development. Please be aware that some issues may exist and that we cannot currently offer technical support.
This is a standalone tool that requires you to manually select various options. Consider using the Import from Existing Salesforce Quick Start option for a more automated solution.
Follow these steps:
- Click .
- Select in the object list.
- Click the tab.
- Click New ActionGrid App screen appears. . The
- Select a Salesforce app from the drop-down list.
- Select the Multi-Tabular ActionGrid Visualforce page with tabs that match objects in the app. If you do not select this check box, check box if you want to create a
- Enter a Name field automatically populates based on the Label. for the new view. This will be the name of the view in ActionGrid. The
- Enter an optional for the view.
- Select the check box if you want to convert Salesforce list views to separate ActionGrid views. Be aware that if you have hundreds of list views, this option will create separate ActionGrid views for each one.
- Select a privacy option for the view from the drop-down list.
- Select the check box to enable inline editing in the view.
- Select the Reading Pane to display in the view. check box to enable the
- Select the check box to display the ActionGrid toolbar in the view.
- Select the ActionGrid Users permission set.
Here is an example with options selected:
to automatically add the Visualforce page to the
- Click OK.
When processing is complete:
- A Visualforce Page Created screen appears if you selected the Convert to MultiTab option. You can dismiss the dialog, or click to go directly to the Visualforce page in Salesforce Setup. Or, click to manage the new Visualforce page layout in Salesforce Setup.
- A Success screen appears if you did not select the Convert to MultiTab option. Click Dismiss. Click the key to refresh your browser, then click the Apps menu in Salesforce to view the new app.
- If you selected the Create Views option, you can access the new ActionGrid views from the drop-down menu in the ActionGrid toolbar.