Use the New ActionGrid From Report (Beta) tool to convert Salesforce reports into ActionGrid views.
This is a beta feature that is still in development. Please be aware that some issues may exist and that we cannot currently offer technical support.
This is a standalone tool that requires you to manually select various options. Consider using the Import from Existing Salesforce Quick Start option for a more automated solution.
Follow these steps:
- Click .
- In the object list, click .
- Under the New ActionGrid from Report screen appears.
tab, click . The
- From the drop-down list, select a report that you want to create an ActionGrid view from.
- Optional: Select the check box to create a Visualforce page from the view.
- The and automatically populate based on the report that you selected.
- Optional: Enter a Description for the new view.
- Optional: Select the Add Page to AG Users Permission Set check box to automatically add the new Visualforce page to the ActionGrid Users permission set. This option is only available if you chose to create a Visualforce page in Step 5.
- Click Map Columns screen appears.
ActionGrid tries to determine the best match between its own field names and the Salesforce report field names. In the example above, Case Owner is the Salesforce field, and OwnerId is the ActionGrid field that was the closest match.
- To choose a different ActionGrid field, click the button to the right of the field name. Then select a field in the Map Column screen that appears.
- Click Map Columns screen. A Visualforce Page Created screen appears. in the
- Choose an option:
- Click Visualforce Pages page in Salesforce Setup, where you can manage the Visualforce page that was created. This option is only available if you selected to create a Visualforce page in Step 5. to go to the
- Click Custom Tabs page in Salesforce Setup, where you can create a custom tab that contains the new view. to go to the
- Close the Visualforce Page Created screen to return to ActionGrid Setup.
- Click .
- From the object list, select the object associated with the new view.
- Select the new view from the
drop-down list in the ActionGrid toolbar; for example:
If ActionGrid selects the CreatedByID field as the closest match for the Salesforce Created by ID field, click the button to the right of the field name and select CreateByUser instead.