The page layout must expose all available fields in order to work properly. This only applies to Professional Edition since custom profiles are not supported in this edition as they are with Enterprise Edition and above. Follow these steps:
- In Salesforce, click Setup.
- In the App Setup section, click Create > Objects.
- Click the Grid View label.
- Scroll down to the Page Layouts section and click Edit next to Grid View Layout.
- In the Fields section, add every listed field to the page layout. If any fields are still in the section, drag and drop them into the Grid View Detail section.
- Save the new page layout.
Next, you need to override the Actions for View and Edit using the Visualforce pages provided by Grid. This is because you just modified the page layout for Grid in the previous steps, and the View and Edit states are not out-of-the-box layouts.This is necessary to support Salesforce 1 accessibility. The following steps describe how to modify the View and Edi tbuttons so that the correct screen appears when they are pressed.
- Under the App Setup section in Salesforce Setup, click Create > Objects.
- Scroll down to the Buttons, Links, and Actions section and click Edit next to the Edit label.
- In Override Properties, click Visualforce Page and set it to Grid_View_Edit [CRMC_PP__Grid_View_Edit].
- Click Save.
- In the Buttons, Links, and Actions section, click Edit next to the View label.
- In Override Properties, click Visualforce Page and set it to Grid_View [CRMC_PP__Grid_View].
- Click Save.